Posted in Knocked Up, Lulu's Corner, tagged BestBottoms cover, cloth diapers, diaper cover, first time mom, FTM, nesting, prefolds, pregnancy on June 28, 2012 |
12 Comments »
How can you spot a first time mom-to-be? She may be overly excited about diapers. The fact that I have never changed a diaper, probably also accounts for my super-excitement!
So what did I do when I finally had a prefold diaper AND a diaper cover? Practice, of course!! Lulu was my very willing and patient practice dummy. Oh! By the way, Lulu has made some big changes in her life. She is no longer the boozy, surly lamb she used to be. She is a now a boozy, surly lamb, dedicated to being the best nanny for our little dragon! So sweet!
First we tried out the changing pad…
Wish I had a Snappi…
Then I snapped the cover on…
Lulu models our diaper work!
Lulu is going to stick to diapers until the baby comes. She said things get less messy after a long night of boozing this way. Oh, Lulu!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Freemwork, Knocked Up, tagged 20 weeks, baby, blog, cloth diapers, eating, Joey, little dragon, pregnancy, reorganizing on April 16, 2012 |
23 Comments »
I have a sizeable tummy and am at the halfway point! 20 weeks down and only 20 weeks to go! That is if you follow the 40 week calendar, which I do. In doing so, I am ignoring the fact that my biological mom carried me for 41 weeks…
So what have we done since our last blog post? Oh many things some days, and not much others. Our activities have included:
I'm smiling because I'm wearing maternity jeans
Patrick imagines what it would feel like to be with child
- Watching TV (to get our fill before we cancel cable)
- Reorganizing living room to accommodate two workspaces since baby is kicking us out of the office
- Getting addresses together for baby showers
- Daydreaming about baby whilst cuddling
- Shopping for maternity clothes since I officially can’t zip up my regular pants
- Interviewing pediatricians
- Shopping for cloth diapers
- Practicing putting cloth diapers on a baby doll in a camouflage onesie
- Not writing
- Setting up a bookshelf in the baby room. Most important piece in the room, we think.
- Reading about pregnancy, labor, and babies
- Cancelling gym memberships
- Consolidating cell phone plans
- Adding items to our registry
- Deleting items from our registry
In other words, life has been pretty lovely as we gear up for this little dragon, whom we now call “Joey” (as in a baby kangaroo), to join us!
Read Full Post »